Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pizza

While I was not-watching TV the other day, somebody ran a pizza commercial that implanted itself into my subconscious so that I've had a hankering for pizza ever since. Come about supper time today, then, I asked Michael, who's been under the weather with a flu, if he felt well enough that I might interest him in some pizza, and off we went to Mazzios.

We learned that Tuesday night is Family Buffet night at Mazzios. So many children! And it isn't so much that the children themselves were all that loud, but when you get that many people in one place, all trying to be heard, it does get loud. We got to practice focusing our attention to exclude distractions.

Mike seemed to be feeling a little better after he got his belly full, and any wish of mine for "pizza" has certainly been more than conquered. I don't think I'll have to go looking for pizza again any time soon. Or should I say, "a wedge shaped, pizza-like substance." No offense, Mazzios, but I have had real pizza before (thank you Tino's of Cold Cheese fame). It's pretty hard for chain restaurants to measure up to the standard set by the Real Thing. Next time I go to New York we are definitely setting a day by to go to Oneonta for some Tino's.
Meanwhile, I think I'm good now, thank you.

After we got home from our noisy adventure, and upon reviewing today's calendar and previewing tomorrow's, I discovered that I completely forgot about that invitation to a dinner where I was to be given a certificate of thanks for being an election worker. Dangit! Oh, well, maybe next year. I'll email my apology tomorrow...if I don't forget that, too!

(Sigh)

Cookie the Cat wants me to stop typing and come to bed so she can curl up and keep me warm, so, nite-nite!

1 comment:

  1. If we decide to have a pizza night we usually pick up or order in. For some reason pizza has never been one of those foods we enjoy eating out. I have never heard of Mazzios. We have a few chains and independent. DH and I usually have to take turns picking our favorites because we have different tastes.

    ReplyDelete