Friday, January 6, 2012

Going to Belize

OKC to Houston
Houston to Belize
You have forms the airline people have you, one because you're a visitor and one for customs.
When you get off the plane on Belize you go into the terminal and there's a sign indicating returning residents over here, visitors over there, and signs saying "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" with icons one each of a camera and a cell phone with the red circle and line indicating, "NO!" I pulled out my trusty iPhone to post a check-in and discovered that I have NO SERVICE, so I am creating this blog post offline, to post when (if?) I get maybe some wifi at the resort.
Anyway, you stand in one of these first lines and give your visitor form. Make sure you've filled out ALL the blanks!
Then you go retrieve your checked luggage. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LUGGAGE TAGS! On this trip there were TWO sets of identical bags belonging to different people. One set found their rightful owners (because they read the tags) but the other set - the guy did NOT read the tag and ran off (seriously, the dude shot right outa there) with my niece's bag. I guess he looked inside after he got to the next place and found mommy clothes and baby gear because he came back to see where HIS bag was. So. Always read your tags.
Got through customs without incident and headed over to the connecting terminal, which actually sounds a bit uppity, comparing this airport to, say, Houston. BTW, there's a little shop in there that sells the "world's best ice-cream," which you can tell because they have a sign that says so (Elf). They charge a 75 cent baggage check fee before you can get back on an airplane. It's all very casual (compared to Certain Other Places) and quite an adventure so far.
We caught (more than one) fourteen passenger puddle jumpers over to the resort, one of which I am riding as I compose this post. I am going to stop now and look out the window and enjoy the view as we fly along the coastline.
L8er....

No comments:

Post a Comment