Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Full Day

Awoke to a stunning sunrise this morning. Hung around with my sisters and some of their kinder, purchased stone carvings from a local vendor - little Mayan women bring things carefully wrapped in tissue and transported in backpacks. Their calls to purchase are gentle and insistent. "Hand carved honey dish? Butter dish?Handmade wooden necklace? Bracelet to match? Anklet for your daughter?" (Sorry, Misty, if you want an ankle I'll make you one.) My brother-in-law David got a three-strand wooden bracelet that looks like a watch band from across the table (only it doesn't have a face) and he says, "This is my new watch, how do you like it? Yes, it's Island time!" Funny David :)
My sisters talked me into getting into the water, and I did. Don't think I got too sunburned either, so that's good. Soon as I finish this post I'm going to go to Robert's Grove's World Famous Saturday night BBQ with my fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment