Thursday, October 4, 2018

Grandma Susie

When Daddy was in medical school we moved to a little house, much like the one I live in now. The address was 1853 Corrine Drive  (pronounced core-REEN). It was about a block or so off N. Eastern (now MLK Drive). It was a little bit north of Springlake Amusement Park, which cost a dime to get in back then. That’s where we lived when Kathryn Ann was born. I remember the grown-ups talking about the house having “Central Heat” which meant that it had a wall heater in the hallway instead of a floor furnace in the living room. That was fairly central, all right, but it sure did get cold in my room at night during the winter. I don’t remember complaining about it, but Grandma Susie knew, somehow, the way she always did, and I think it was for Christmas that year (or maybe my birthday) she got me the prettiest pink ELECTRIC BLANKET. OMG, I remember how much I loved that blanket, and loved being warm, and loved Grandma Susie for thinking of it. I think I asked her one time, “How did you know?” She just did. Maybe she’d been cold in bed before, herself. Grandma Susie.


No comments:

Post a Comment