Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tonight's supper

Mike and the girls went fishing today. They caught three pretty good-sized catfish and three little bluegills. Brought them home and cleaned them up, but it'd been a while since he had cleaned fish, so he had some questions. I called my dad for a fish cleaning consultation but I got voicemail. Tried to think through my contacts list as to who else I know that might know about cleaning fish, and made a couple of calls but got voice mail there too. Mike figured it out though, and cleaned the fish just fine.

Meanwhile, I had harvested some potatoes and onions and while Mike was cleaning the fish I came in and put together a dish of scalloped potatoes. Simple and delicious - fried fish and scalloped potatoes - a meal fit for a king.

While we were eating I got a text from Dad. He said, "I was in a noisy place and didn't hear the phone.
To clean fish, use baby shampoo. That way it doesn't burn their little eyes." I laughed so hard I could barely read it to Michael and then we both fell out. I replied to dad, "good, then we did it right!" I'm still laughing about the baby shampoo. Funny Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. There is something very back-to-basics about eating the food you catch and eat yourself. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete