Saturday, November 2, 2013

National Blog Posting Month?


NaBloPoMo_November_small

 I've been infatuated with the concept of National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, since I first heard about it some years ago.  The object of NaNoWriMo is to get 50,000 words of fiction down in the thirty days of November. 

There's a whole culture around the process. 50,000 words in 30 days breaks down to about 1667 words a day. Certainly not impossible for a serious writer, but a pretty serious writing assignment, sure enough. So far, it's always felt like it would take more time and dedication than I've had available or would be willing to give to a project for thirty consecutive days. Cares of the world, and all that. One of these days I do intend to participate in a NaNoWriMo - but, once again, not this year.

Meanwhile, in response to NaNoWriMo, another writer has fired off a concept called National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo. This is way more my speed. So, beginning on day two, here we go! NaBloPoMo! 

My co-workers may be relieved that I have another outlet for my verbosity so that maybe they won't have to read long chatty emails from me every day...and I've just had an epiphany - maybe this is what I should have been doing all along!

No comments:

Post a Comment